Digital Primary Care Innovation Hub
Enabling transformation through innovation
‘Innovate’…to make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products. Oxford Languages Dictionary
The Innovation Hub will support the identification of solutions to unmet needs within primary care including pharmacy, optometry and dentistry specialities and we welcome submission of innovative ideas from all individuals or organisations involved in primary care.
Your innovation idea could range from adoption of a new technology to improve care, a simple process change to the way services work, or any other example of where innovative solutions are being implemented within health and care settings in the region.
Whether your idea or project is large or small, having the opportunity to share it, could enable change from innovation and collaboration to achieve improved quality of care, as well as improved experience of patients and clinicians.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, health and care services responded rapidly to some of the most complex challenges ever faced. Services have created exciting innovations and opportunities to transform the healthcare system for the better. We have included some examples in the section ‘Digital Innovation Projects in Humber and North Yorkshire’.
These are some of the innovative projects taking place within primary care across the Humber and North Yorkshire region:
- North Lincolnshire lung patients first in UK to benefit from NHS intelligent virtual rehab service.
- eHealthCompass, The Roxton Practice, ground-breaking clinical CRM platform reduces health inequalities and optimises outcomes by mapping, measuring, and matching each patient to the right care pathway and is one of the 11 innovators chosen for our 2022/23 Propel@YHProgramme.
- Priory Medical Group implemented PrioryCARE, a new system to manage appointment requests using the Klinik triage solution software.
- The Innovation Hub held its first workshop in October 2022, to identify unmet needs.
- Responses were analysed and aligned with the 4 Primary Care Collaborative priority workstreams: HNY DPC Innovation Hub Unmet Needs Feedback
This session was a great start to understand the challenges in primary care.
More workshops, engagement events will be scheduled in 2023 and we hope you will be able to join us. We will publish details of upcoming events here.
To facilitate shared learning with colleagues and partners within the Humber and North Yorkshire region, we have featured digital innovation projects on this page. These are examples of innovative initiatives and encourage such achievements to be replicated within the region.
If you are involved in an innovative project in Humber and North Yorkshire, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us to share examples of where innovative solutions are being implemented in the region. This is open to anyone working in primary care, or direct participation in, real world initiatives, where innovation is being utilised to tackle an identified challenge.
The Humber and North Yorkshire Digital Primary Care Innovation Hub team will follow-up with you for further information.